Friday, March 4, 2011

I never said why, nor where, nor what for

Philo Wells Austin wrote in his Reminiscences of Early Boyhood:

My dear, old grandfather, Philo Dibble, bore the most wonderful testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith, for his testimony was sealed by the power of the Holy Ghost, for that eternal fire burned unto my very soul that he spoke the truth, that Joseph Smith was a mighty Prophet of God. He (Philo Dibble) said, The Prophet never uttered a word that I wasn't converted to before he said it. I never said why, nor where, nor what for, for I was always converted to him, being the mouthpiece of God, a Prophet in very deed, and I went and did what I was asked to do without a Question as to the outcome.

As quoted in PHILO DIBBLE'S REMINISCENCES OF EARLY CHURCH HISTORY AND THE PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH, Compiled by Marilyn A. Smith and Celia Smith, 1995.Reminiscences OT Early Boyhood: 

No comments: