Friday, September 30, 2011

my task is to seek to be a Saint

As a disciple of Christ I may perform at any moment a saving deed. Wherever I am, the world will be there too, and others will need my help. I can bear witness to what is beyond the world. I can testify that God loves every soul. I can be as a little sanctuary for his Spirit. At home, at work, along my way, I can be just. In the midst of compromise I can be constant. I can seek virtue before advancement, endure humiliation rather than cause it, speak kindly to anger. My task is to seek to be a Saint in the most telling way: to forget great feats and to live a common life, performing routine duties and daily chores, all with the attitude of sanctity. 


The Lord’s Question: Thoughts on the Life of Response by Dennis Rasmussen. Brigham Young University Press. April 1985. Chapter Four, “Whom Shall I Send?” p.45

No comments: